Important Safety Precautions
- Install sliding bars vertically on casement and sliding windows. Entire height of these windows must be covered completely. Child could climb guard and fall through unguarded area at top of window if left uncovered.
- Before installation, consult building and fire codes. Contact local building code department or fire department for specific codes.
- Screws must be anchored firmly into a solid stud or frame material for proper operation of guard.
- There should be no open spaces in the guarded area or window opening exceeding 4 inches.
- This window guard is intended to protect against potential window falls by children age 5 & under.
- Parents, caregivers, and older children must understand the operation of this window guard in case of an emergency.
- Guard is not intended for installation outside the home/window where it will be exposed to inclement weather. Rusting will occur.
- Window guards are designed to be a deterrent to accidental window falls. This product is not intended as a substitute for proper adult supervision.
- Guardian Angel Window Guards are not meant to protect against intruders.
Never install sliding bars horizontally in a sliding or casement window!
Sliding bars can
only be installed horizontally in double-hung windows. When
installed horizontally in sliding and casement windows, the window
guard can act as a ladder and greatly increase the risk of an
accidental window fall.
For casement and
sliding windows, guards must be installed with the sliding bars in
a vertical position. Refer to installation
instructions and specifications for
these types of windows.